Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

Is it not possible to buy desktop Qlikview license now?

Hi,

I read at many places that if you want to open QVW created by others, you need to buy QlikView desktop license. But I just spoke to sales guy and he said there is no such option, either you use restricted personal edition or buy server license with minimum 5 named CAL if you want named CAL license.

Please help me on this as my current objective is to learn and able to view qvw docs created by other users. thanks in advance!

Regards,

Digvijay

17 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Digvijay,

Earlier this type of licenses we sold, now they are giving licenses only for Partners.  Earlier in my company I use to have this type of license, I think now it is not available or they are not selling. 

Without the license also you can do everything but the only limitation is you can't open the file created by others.

Check this link

Re: Developer License Cost

Regards,

Jagan.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Digvijay, you are of course free to believe whoever you want but I do not.

As of July 1st 2015, QlikView Local Client-licenses are still available in these territories:

China, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, Hong-Kong, Singapore, India, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe (including non Euro countries like the UK, Denmark, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland etc.). Is your country not listed, then you will still be able to obtain Local Client-licenses although quotes will probably be converted from a different currency.

There is only one restriction that Partners should respect: Local Clients are not to be sold to clients running a QlikView Server as this would present a feature downgrade from a regular Named CAL.

A Local Client is still the perfect solution for consultants, freelancers and whoever hasn't got a budget to buy or operate a QlikView server.

Peter

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the insight on this. It looks like Qlik-tech has created confusion around. The nearby Mumbai sales office clearly denied of desktop license and I found they are inline with what Jagan has mentioned.

I have still raised query to web support and they have connected me to one more channel of sales. I have been  waiting their response yet. Surprisingly the person with web support I connected also having understanding that desktop license can be purchased by people like us.

I agree with you on consultants, freelancers to be allowed to buy single licenses. The cost of server with mandatory 5 named CAL approx. is 15-17K USD here which is way above my budget as of now.

Thanks,

Digvijay

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may be right in that one particular channel may choose not to sell you a QlikView Local Client (not desktop license, use the correct name from the official price list), but that doesn't mean that such a license doesn't exist anymore.

Anyway, I wish you all the luck in trying to obtain one.

Peter

PS. If you finally get your license, please mark this thread differently (you can still change that) as other community members may draw wrong conclusions from reading the OP and answer. You can mark your own (future) feedback as correct if you want.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Sure, will use the right name of license (Local client) and mark this discussion accordingly to benefit others! Thanks for your time and guidance, will share my experience as I go along with it.

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Hi Jagan,

Is there anyway I can buy QV local client license in India. The support request call I logged on this is, still open and waiting response from Qlik India. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Digvijay

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually there are three parties that you can contact:

Call them in that order and ask them how to buy a QlikView Local Client for yourself.

Peter

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

AS Peter Cammaert suggested you need to approach Qlikview partner, Sales office or Qlik India to buy this.  I am not sure whether they sell this for individuals.

Regards,

Jagan.