Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is it possible to allow data entry by users?

I have a dashboard which includes a list of items that need attention. End users will filter to identify the cases that need attention, then they assign a case worker to investigate further. Is it possible to use some kind of inputfield in the data model so I can allow the users to add in the name of the caseworker or check off a box that indicates this row has been assigned to someone?

13 Replies
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Now I have found this:

https://qlikviewtips.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/enterprise-performance-management-how-to-with-qlikview...

which describes how to use an inputfield to allow user input, then a button and a macro to push the user-entered data to an xml file on the server, then reload the data model so the change is visible to all users.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, basically the same technique I already posted a link to above.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could use Apparo Fast Edit.

It allows to store the desired values in a freely definable database table which can be part of the data model.

The data can be written directly using an extension or by calling a browser window which allows to enter data.

For a demonstration send an email to info@apparo.solutions

Regards Rainer

bjjackson2760
Contributor
Contributor

awesome, I love this. Thank you!