Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible to apply condition on the dimension within the expression?

Hi,

I am using the below expression in a bar chart where the dimension is BMonth, nothing but month(BDate).

Count({<BType={'Scheduled','Completed'},COMPLETED-= {'<$(=num(MonthStart(Max(BDate))))'}>
+
<
BType={'Scheduled'}, SCHEDULED={'<$(=num(Max(BDate)+1)))'}>
}
distinct CODE
)

I am trying to write expression where :

COMPLETED-= {'<$(=num(MonthStart(Max(BDate))))'} should consider all the CODEs which was completed in jan and after jan (on the bar "Jan") - completed in jan 2016, feb 2016, mar 2016....

SCHEDULED={'<$(=num(Max(BDate)+1)))'}> should consider all the CODEs which was scheduled before jan (on the bar "Jan") - scheduled in dec 2015, nov 2015....

Can someone please help me here? Kindly let me know incase more information is needed.

Thank you very much.

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

It might be helpful if you can share few rows of data and explain what exactly you are looking to get as your expected output

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

I have attached the sample document below.

This is what I am trying to achieve -

The 3 conditions on extreme right column is what I am trying to achieve using the expression

Count({<BType={'Targeted','Completed'},COMPLETED-= {'<$(=num(MonthStart(Max(BDate))))'}>
+
<
BType={'Targeted'}, TARGET={'<$(=num(Max(BDate)+1)))'}>
}
distinct CODE
)

As shown in the picture, in the bar chart for the bar "Jan" the value should be 6.

I hope this information is sufficient, incase you need more info kindly let me know.

Thank you very much for the response.

sunny_talwar

Here is two different versions of expression which gets close, but not entirely there

Capture.PNG

I am not sure I can get 972828 in there because right not it is only associated with BMonth = Dec.... This might be needed to be resolved in the script. I don't know why I am getting 1053685 to be included in Jan. I am not getting time to dig deeper, but this should give your some direction.

Best,

Sunny

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

HI Sunny,

Your response steered me into the right direction.

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

So is this resolved now? What solution did you end up using? Would you share your solution for other users who might have similar issue in the future?

Also, please close this thread down by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sure, I am still working on the expression. Once I have it right, I shall post here.

Thank you.

sunny_talwar

Awesome, thanks!!