Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to select variable values automatically?

Hi,

I have qvw with macro which will send data to user email automatically. All is fine. The qvw contains two variables

VStartDate and vEndDate.

The data used to send every Monday before 12pm to user email. The completed week data will send. I,e Suppose today is Monday. so, the variables VStartDate and vEndDate contains

VStartDate=21/04/2014 and vEndDate= 25/04/2014. Like this I will manually selecting variables values every week.

My question is, Is there any solution that variables set automatic. I,e without my interference the variable should take before weeks dates. why I am asking is I don't want to miss the data any case in my absence.

Can anyone please suggest me this?

Thanks.

53 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I need to call the macro on every Monday. This application is in personal QV edition. I no need to build in server. Personal edition is fine for this report. I scheduled the qvw through bat file in task scheduler to run on every Monday before 12pm GMT.

The path in  batch file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\Qlikview\Documents\EveryMondayReport\ItemReport.qvw"

Not applicable
Author

Try this way, i am not sure wheather it works or not, sorry if it doesn't help.

Instead of using these below variables

vStartDateScript = WeekStart(Date(Today()-1)

vEndDateScript = WeekEnd(Date(Today()-1)

try to use max and min functions on Week.

Hope it works

Not applicable
Author

You mean like below

vStartDateScript =Max(WeekStart(Date(Today()-1)))

vEndDateScript = Min(WeekStart(Date(Today()-1)))

Not applicable
Author

or got to document properties->actions->onopen and then you set you variables. but I still dont know when you set the action to call the macro in the document.

Not applicable
Author

I tried it, but it doesn't make any difference

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Can you please explain what the below lines means?

'when you set the action to call the macro in the document.'

Not applicable
Author

when do you clear your selection?? and why do you clear your selection?

Not applicable
Author

you have to tell qlikview some how when you want to run the macro that sends the e mail. and my question now is how you do it? cause this "The path in  batch file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\Qlikview\Documents\EveryMondayReport\ItemReport.qvw"" just opens the report but it doesnt run the macro automatically.

Not applicable
Author

Actually all I need is in my absence also the file should go to user email every Monday with out making any selections in qvw. I need to clear the selections on every Monday before sending the file to user. Why I need to clear the selections is to select the last weeks data.

I,e suppose if I need to send the next Monday means I,e 0n 05/05/2014. I should select

vStartDateScript = 28/04/2014

vEndDateScript= 02/05/2014

so, then I will get the corresponding week data. Like this I need to send every week. My problem is I don't want to miss sending the data in my absence. I need to make the file to run even in my absence also. Please help me is it possible. I have been trying to get this since months....

Not applicable
Author

Yes you are right. I need to run the macro also. Is there any way to run the macro also?