Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is "Open In srever" Window available in qlikocx??

Hi Im new to qlikview staff, can anyone help me to solve my req??

I need to open qvw dashboad on server from windows form, I had added ref and able to open file in local. now need to open on server and for tat I need to know is "Open In server" window in qlikview is available on qlikocx so that I can use the same.

Or can anyone tell me how to open qvw dashboard on server from .net windows application?

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikOcx (when used as IE Plugin) always uses Open in Server... to open a document. How else would it be possible to display a server document in the Plugin?

Not applicable
Author

hi peter,

you are right, but my client know only the server detail and partial of document name. in this case how he will select the file?? is anything available to select document in Qlikocx??

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, QlikOcx is an object that doesn't do anything by itself. By default, an Ocx doesn't have menu bars or File Open-dialogs because it's an embeddable object that is controlled from the outside.

There should however be a function that you can call (in VB.Net or C#) after loading/creating an Ocx-object. See the OCX documentation or the apiguide.qvw document.

I guess there are possibly two ways to do what you want:

• either open an URL of a document that is configured to be displayed in the plugin. The Ocx will be loaded automatically.
  • or write a web frame page (.NET?) that creates an Ocx object in Windows and calls the various functions in the Ocx to accomplish what you need (Create Ocx object, Load document, set variables, transfer control, cleanup),

Peter

Not applicable
Author

By give the URL I am gettingteh 'Connet To server' window,, thanks peter.