Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akile002
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a free maps solution for QlikView?

Previously, we used a key with Google Maps to create our scatter plots to show our sales numbers by state/city. From my understanding, we are now required to create an account and provide credit card information to generate an API key to continue using Google Maps. I have also seen where Qlik has GeoAnalytics, but I'm not sure we will use maps enough to justify going that route. Any ideas on how to accomplish using maps in QlikView to view our sales data without having to pay for another service/software?

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Most, if not all mapping service providers are going to charge a fee for a 'production' level situation.  I am not aware of any free solutions with unlimited use etc., they all have limits for their free versions which are likely going to cause issues in the application, so the issue then becomes what is the least expensive option I believe.  The only other way to do things would be to come up with your own mapping solution, which I am doubtful you want to do either.  Key thing to keep in mind here is everyone needs to make a living...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.