Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Is there a way to hide the columns to be showed in a graphic chart?

Hey guys, I have a graphic chart that shows 3 columns ( the blue one, the red one and the green one).

error loading image

The green one "Liquidesa General" is the result of the division between "Actiu Circulant" and "Pasiu Circulant". (The blue and the red ones).

The little numbers beside the two columns are my desired results.

When I have this problem, I usually merge the calculation of all the terms in only one column and that's it. But my problem right now is that I have two accumulative columns, so I cannot get rid of them, or just merge everything in one column.

I show you the calculations of the columns :

Actiu Circulant :

//if I have a dimensionality 0 or is the first row I do the sum() of the value, otherwise I do the sum() with the above result.

if(dimensionality()=0 or rowno()=1 ,

sum({$< Manager2 = {"=LEFT(Manager2,3) = '1.B' "}>} [Asiento Importe]) ,

sum({$< Manager2 = {"=LEFT(Manager2,3) = '1.B' "}>} [Asiento Importe]) + above(column(1))

)

Passiu Circulant :

(more or less the same)

Liquidesa General :

fabs( column(1) / column(2) )

My question is : Is there any way to hide the first two columns and show only the third one in the chart? I just want a bar chart with the result of the third column.

Many thanks in advance!!

5 Replies
Not applicable

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Nick for helping me again. I appreciate your post, it's a helpful task. But I cannot do it for the million of graphics I have to do.

The point of all of this is that the third column depends on the calculations of the first and the second one, and I have no idea how can I merge the first calculation of the first column with the second calculation of the second column.

Here is why I can't merge the calculations :

The first and the second column I have an accumulative calculate with above() and the third one is the result of the division of them.

How can I do to put everything in one column, I think this is the appropiate solution, but I cannot make it work.

Here is the code of my first column :

sum({$< Manager2 = {"=LEFT(Manager2,3) = '1.B' "}>} [Asiento Importe]) + above(column(1))

)

And here is the code of my second column :

sum({$<Manager2 = {"=LEFT(Manager2,3) = '2.C' "}>} [Asiento Importe]) ,

sum({$<Manager2 = {"=LEFT(Manager2,3) = '2.C' "}>} [Asiento Importe]) + above(column(2))

)

And this is the result column ( the one I'm only interested in) :

fabs( column(1) / column(2) )

How can I do it to put everything in just one column??

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

I think the point is to get a way to substitute the value "column(1)" or the "label of the column" for another kind of thing that identifies the expression.

I've found a cleaner way to do that with rangesum() function, but I got stuck in the same :

rangesum(sum({$< Manager2 = {"=LEFT(Manager2,3) = '1.B' "}>} [Asiento Importe]) + above ( column(1) ))

)

Not applicable

It looks like as Excel development approach in QlikView. I would suggest to make some pre-aggregation in load script to make the expressions as simple as it possible. Anyway nobody could make any exact suggestion without having an example of data and application.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Nick again for your useful advice. Certainly If this wasn't a financial ratio (which means I have to do a lot of them), I would do it by script.

I've found a "provisional" solution checking as "invisible" the first two columns, and force them to dissapear checking the option "force the x axis to 0" in the chart properties for the columns I was interested.

It's not a nice solution, it's gonna be a hard work for all kind of ratios that I've got, but I don't know a better way to do it.

Many thanks anyway.

See you around!!