Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is this doable in QV?

I am trying to output different UOM values for each value in the Dimension in the attached application. Is it doable?

I tried my best may be just having a slow day, but I want to show the currency that the user picks in the Revenue and Profit rows and show Volume UOM in the Volume row but without adding a calculated dimension.

'Revenue' & CurrencyUOM3054
'Volume' & VolumeUOM2
'Profit' & CurrencyUOM33

3 Replies
Not applicable

Use three text objects with appropriate expressions or explain what you do really want.

mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I would do it on the Expression column, instead of the dimension, if you don't want a calculated dimension. But first, are Revenue, Volume and Profit your dimensions in the chart? Normally, I would expect them to be the name of the Expression.

If thos ARE your dimensions, use an if to determine if it should be Currency or Volume what will be added to the number.

It is probably best to use custom formatting, instead of creating a text string. Use

Num([your expression], '###,###,###' & ' ' & If(........, CurrencyUOM, VolumeUOM)

Hope this Helps.

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

what I have is a scorecard in my app with mutiple columns for Actual CY, BugetCY, Actual PY, Variance, PCT all as my expressions. I have a PICK() function doing the enabling of which expression to apply. The Metrics are my dimensions. I wish I could attach my qvw here but don't know how to.

Below is a small screenshot from QV for what I am doing. Of course there are more columns in expressions but I have kept it small for display here.