Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II

Issue because of reduced data based on Year column

Hi All, Previously I had 6 years of data but now I have reduced it to 3 years.

I used below reduction formula for this.

Let vStartYear = year(today())-3;

LOAD
Year,
Data,
FROM ... where Year >= $(vStartYear);

But in some of my KPIs developers kept Year= blank to avoid any selection on Year column but it sems that because of the same filter my data is not matching.

My expressions are as per below,

OrderBookValueLC= Num (Sum ({$<[%Date Selection] = {'Sales Document Creation Date'}, Year =, Quarter =, Month =, [Year Month] =, [Year Week] =, Date =>} [Orderbook Value LC]), '# ##0')

OrderBook Documents = Num (Count ({$<[%Date Selection] = {'Sales Document Creation Date'}, Year =, Quarter =, Month =, [Year Month] =, [Year Week] =, Date =>} DISTINCT If ([Orderbook Value LC] > 0 OR [Orderbook Value LC] < 0 OR [Orderbook Quantity] > 0 OR [Orderbook Quantity] < 0, [Orderbook Document Number Count])), '# ##0')

OrderBookLines = Num (Count ({$<[%Date Selection] = {'Sales Document Creation Date'}, Year =, Quarter =, Month =, [Year Month] =, [Year Week] =, Date =>} DISTINCT If ([Orderbook Value LC] > 0 OR [Orderbook Value LC] < 0 OR [Orderbook Quantity] > 0 OR [Orderbook Quantity] < 0, [Orderbook Document Item Count])), '# ##0')

Could you please suggest on this.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you explain what you mean with "it sems that because of the same filter my data is not matching"?

What is not matching with what? How should it match?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gyabert,

Because of the blank Year filter in expressions data is not matching.

It is very strange.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

" Because of the blank Year filter in expressions data is not matching."

What is it not matching? Oranges, cows, 42? For things to match or not you need multiple items and compare one item to another item. What are the different items that you are comparing and do not match?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Kishor, were you able to get things worked out on this one?  If so, please consider returning to the thread and posting what the issue was, and then you can mark that post as the solution using the Accept as Solution button too.  It would be nice to know what the issue was here.  I am with Gysbert though, was not really able to follow well on things, as having no values on the expressions seems a bit odd.  What would have likely helped a great deal on this one would have been a sample QVW such that we could look things over in context to try to figure out they why behind things.  Again, please consider posting your solution if you came up with one for the other Community Members, and if you are still working on things, please consider posting an update with some further explanation or even a sample QVW.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.