Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II

Issue combining data from multiple QVD's

Hello,

Existing code: TRANS and MASTER auto join by C_KEY. Join to master is to get REGION
TRANS:
Load
C_KEY,
YEAR_MTH,
I_PAID,
A_PAID
FROM
ABC.qvd
(qvd);

MASTER:
Load
C_KEY,
REGION
FROM
ABC_MASTER.qvd
(qvd);

New qvd 'ABC_DB_2_TRANS' pulling data from a different database and it already has region in it.

DB_2_TRANS:
LOAD
YEAR_MTH,
I_PAID,
A_PAID,
REGION
FROM
ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd
(qvd);

Issue: I want to join data from TRANS and DB_2_TRANS. But no C_KEY in DB_2_TRANS and REGION field already available in it.

How to join TRANS and DB-2_TRANS?

Please advise

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kush,

C_KEY is not available in the table from which ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd is being created.

I joined TRANS and MASTER and created a new table and the  joined to DB_2_TRANS to the new table. Seems to be working fine. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Is it really necessary to join TRANS and ABC_DB_2_TRANS? If so, you will need a proper KEY between these two table to get the region. Check how ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd is created ? If it is created from a table which has C_KEY but not added to QVD then you can add a C_KEY and re create ABC_DB_2_TRANS qvd and then perform join.

aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kush,

C_KEY is not available in the table from which ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd is being created.

I joined TRANS and MASTER and created a new table and the  joined to DB_2_TRANS to the new table. Seems to be working fine. 

Thank you.