Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcmcderm
Partner - Contributor III

Issue with Date Format/Master Calendar

I have implemented a single Master Calendar table with a Calendar Link table, since my data has multiple dates.  I can't get the DATE key to properly join Master_Calendar and CalendarLink.  For some date values it joins but the majority it does not.  I have carefully formatted all dates the same way so I don't understand why it is not linking properly.  If you look at my QVW file, I have a straight table that just subtracts one date from the other and even though they appear the same (for example, FIRST_REFERRAL_DATE and ADMIT_DATE both show as 12-04-2013) the comparison indicates they are in fact slightly different.  In the source data these are in fact timestamps but I believe I have stripped off the time portion in my load script. 

Anyway I am completely stuck - can anyone look at my QVW and offer advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dcmcderm
Author

I found the solution in this thread:

date() Function with Timestamp

It turns out date() doesn't actually strip the timestamp portion, it's just a display function.  Must use floor(mytimestamp) to actually strip the time

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dcmcderm
Author

I found the solution in this thread:

date() Function with Timestamp

It turns out date() doesn't actually strip the timestamp portion, it's just a display function.  Must use floor(mytimestamp) to actually strip the time