Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngosz4074
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with Google Maps

Hello,

I'm trying to create an application using Google Maps and I have a table that has customer data with Zip Code and a table joining by Zip Code has latitude and longitude at the street and block level that I picked up from the Census Bureau.  I formatted the file into a .csv file and when I load into the script, the map appears as data points in Antarctica, when it should be in the U.S. 

I formatted the latitude and longitude as text so they would not sum up, but I'm not getting the correct data points.  My map script is as such:

-- I commented out the Google Map Key since I don't think we need one anymore:

// Google Maps Key

// get a key here http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html

//key for my email: AIzaSyAIB-WFDEAtfLNwDAhvgd0JPxaPOYvDgj4

// number of seconds to wait for a URL datasource

set OpenUrlTimeout=10;

//gmap_key = 'AIzaSyCd3LDYwNeOvyk-V_JtbMvI9OH4vVQ7nGc';

max_zoom_level = 12; //maximum value 17

// Variables required for calculating map

// No need to change these

var_pi180= '=pi()/180';

var_lat_offset= '0';

var_mc2= '=256*pow(2,$(var_zoom))';

var_mc1= '=256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))';

var_mid_lat= '=min(latitude)+(1+var_lat_offset)*((max(latitude)-min(latitude))/2)';

var_mid_long= '=min(longitude)+(max(longitude)-min(longitude))/2';

var_zoom= '=max(aggr(if(max( round(256*pow(2,(_zoom_level -1)))+( longitude  *((256*pow(2,_zoom_level ))/360)) )-min( round(256*pow(2,(_zoom_level -1)))+

( longitude  *((256*pow(2,_zoom_level ))/360)) ) <map_size_x AND max((256*pow(2,(_zoom_level-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,_zoom_level))/(2*pi()))))-min((256*pow(2,(_zoom_level-1)))

+((0.5*log((1+(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((latitude)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,_zoom_level))/(2*pi()))))<map_size_y,_zoom_level,1),_zoom_level))';

var_maptype= '=if(isnull(only(maptype)),fieldvalue( '&chr(39)&'maptype'&chr(39)&', 1 ),maptype)';

map_size_x=    '400';

map_size_y=     '400';

//var_maptype = '=if(isnull(only(maptype)),fieldvalue( '&chr(39)&'maptype'&chr(39)&', 1 ),maptype)';

vMinXaxis       = ' (256*pow(2,((var_zoom)-1)))+((var_mid_long)*((256*pow(2,(var_zoom)))/360))-(def_map_size*0.5)';

vMaxXaxis = '((256*pow(2,((var_zoom)-1)))+((var_mid_long)*((256*pow(2,(var_zoom)))/360))+(def_map_size*0.5))';

vMinYaxis = '((256*pow(2,((var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((var_mid_lat)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((var_mid_lat)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,(var_zoom)))/(2*pi())))+(def_map_size*0.5))';

vMaxYaxis = '((256*pow(2,((var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin((var_mid_lat)*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin((var_mid_lat)*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,(var_zoom)))/(2*pi())))-(def_map_size*0.5))';

SET HidePrefix='_' ;

// Field required for calcualting best zoom level

_zoom_level:

Load RecNo( ) as _zoom_level autogenerate(max_zoom_level);

//inline load for various map types

maptype:

LOAD * INLINE [

maptype

roadmap

mobile

satellite

terrain

hybrid

];

In the Numbers part of the map, I have this in the dynamic image section:

='http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=' & 

num(var_mid_lat, '##############', '.', ',' )   &  ','  & 

num(var_mid_long, '##############', '.', ',' )   & 

'&zoom='& $(var_zoom) &

'&maptype='& (var_maptype) &

'&size=400x400' & 

'&sensor=false'

and I have the map in focus in each axis max/min:

(256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+( var_mid_long  *((256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) -round(map_size_x/2)

Is there anything in the map that I'm missing that will help focus the data to the correct lat/lon?

Thanks

Neal

0 Replies