Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with Incremental Loading in the load script

Hi,

I am creating a variable as shown -

LET INCREMENTAL_EXP='where trunc(pxcreatedatetime)>=to_date('&Chr(39)&FieldValue($(last_reload),1)&Chr(39)&',''MM/DD/YYYY'')
or trunc(pxupdatedatetime)>=to_date('&
Chr(39)&FieldValue($(last_reload),1)&Chr(39)&',''MM/DD/YYYY'')'; 

In the debugger, I see, it is the date value and it doesn't show any error.  Then, I am trying to use this variable in my Oracle SQL query as shown below -

select * from guidelines.beacon_mg_attest where case_id in (select pyid from beacon.cases $(INCREMENTAL_EXP));

Here, when $(INCREMENTAL_EXP) gets resolved, the date portion is blank.  Please help me to understand what I am missing here.

Thanks,

Sudha.

8 Replies
fredericmante
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

use 'SET' instead of 'LET'

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I had tried that and it is not working.  If I use SET, the variable within the variable is not getting evaluated at run time.

Thanks,

Sudha.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try using single quotes around the dollar expansion of the variable:

select * from guidelines.beacon_mg_attest where case_id in (select pyid from beacon.cases '$(INCREMENTAL_EXP)');

And make sure the variable last_reload contains a string value in the date format MM/DD/YYYY

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Tried that...still not working.

This is what I see at run time, when I used the quotes you had suggested -

select * from guidelines.beacon_mg_attest where case_id in (select pyid from beacon.cases 'where trunc(pxcreatedatetime)>=to_date('''',''MM/DD/YYYY'')

or trunc(pxupdatedatetime)>=to_date('''',''MM/DD/YYYY'')')

Thanks,

Sudha.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That means the the variable last_reload is empty.

Not applicable
Author

When I run in debug mode, I can see it is getting evaluated correctly in the variable INCREMENTAL_EXP but when trying to use the variable in the query, it does not.  Please have a look at the attachment.

Thanks,

Sudha.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The fieldvalue function only works on fields, not variables. So fieldvalue($(last_variable), 1) will return nothing since there isn't a field with the name 42459.614351852 or 3/30/2016 2:44:40 PM.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.  Got it now.