Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Issue with PEEk

Hi guys,

I have an issue with a PEEK() function: I know how it works - I have to enclose the fieldname in quotes, then comes a counter and then the tablename

=> So when I have a table named >>Temp2<< and I want the field >>ID<< from the first record, I go like

>> PEEK('ID', 0, Temp2) <<

I can also do that in a loop, I only have to use $(i) instead of that 0 (if i is my counter)

<=> That is the issue: That does not work and I cannot spot any typo or similar - in fact, I have just put an EXIT behind the creation of Temp2 and then copied the PEEK() function out of my loop and just replaced the $(i) with a hard-coded 0 - so the syntax must be exactly the same - but inside the loop, the PEEK() function does not return a value.

Can it be that there may not be a table inbetween?

The thing is, inbetween Temp2 and my loop, I create a small dummy_table which I can append to inside the loop - but that is just one record with all the fields from the original table, but every field empty. Can that be the reason for the issue?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try adding single quotes around the table name as well: PEEK('ID', 0, 'Temp2')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try adding single quotes around the table name as well: PEEK('ID', 0, 'Temp2')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Yep! That works.

I was very sure - but I know sometimes you just have to try out different solutions.

Thank you!