Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with a date range implementation in Qlikview

I have a date range implementation requirement as follows. I need to show a summary table with Products / No of orders based on certain from and to date on orders. The from and to date should be based on calendar object, which is selectable. Based on some previous posts on this tipic here is what i have done so far,

a. I added a slider/calendar object

b. Added 2 variables date_hi and date_lo and set them a values ( 1/Jan/2009) (31/Jan/2009).

c. Assigned these values to calendar object

d. Created a calculated dimension and used a if condition if( orderdate < date_lo or orderdate > date_hi, null , date(orderdate)

e. Finally, used this calculated dimension in my Chart object ( of type Table).

Problem faced: This shows me 3 columns in my table. Product / Order date/ No of orders. What I would like is data consolidated into 2 columns Product/No of Orders between the 2 dates selected from the date filter.

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe I'm missing something, but this sounds like very basic QlikView functionality, so I think it's a lot simpler than what you're trying to do:

a. Add a multi-value slider/calendar object for orderdate.
b. Select a date range.
c. Use product as the dimension.
d. Use count(distinct order) or whatever your field is as the expression.

Does that not produce the desired result?

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

In addition to the last solution you can try the following:

Create a straight table

Add dimension Products

Add following expression:

=count(if( orderdate < date_lo or orderdate > date_hi, null , OrderID)

Note that OrderID is the key for the orders.

Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

John -

I will not have orders for all the calendar dates, in which case only the order dates will be highlighted in the calendar object, if i go by the solution proposed by you. Besides, I have an explicit customer requirement to provide two date filters with all dates enabled, yet only show total of orders for products which are sold by between the selected From and To Date.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. This worked, appreciate your inputs.