Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with qvw reverting to an older version? Corrupted file?

I recently saved a file in Qlikview SR3 64-bit, re-opened, and several days of work disappeared. The Qlikview script has reverted to an earlier version and several tabs disappeared. Strangely though, the Table Viewer still shows a connection to a table that isn't present in the reverted Qlikview script and was only added in my recent work (which has disappeared).

Does anyone have any ideas how to recover the full file (lost several full days worth of work) or have any ideas what could have caused this?

Thank you

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Were you using a -prj folder side by side with the qvw file? In this case, when you open the model, it uses the layout in the XML files. The data is unchanged, hence your strange table.

If you did not save the qvw file after opening it and did not reload it, you can delete the XML files or move the qvw to another location and then open it. Now it will used the layout from the qvw file, but only if the "older version" was not saved.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan for the quick reply. I wasn't using a -prj folder and haven't saved the file since. Just in case, I tried moving the file and reopening with no luck. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

K