Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Issues in Section Access

Hi Qlik experts:

I am trying to apply Section Access with filter criteria like USER1 with USER ACCESS can see Data of Country CHINA, USER2 can see the Data of the Country INDONESIA and ADMIN can see everything.  To my surprise, when I include the COUNTRY filter Section Access doesn't work, when I open the document it does not even ask for the password. Can anyone throw some light on this issue? Appreciate a quick reply.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD,COUNTRY
ADMIN,ADMIN,ADMIN,
USER,U1,U1,CHINA

USER,U2,U2,INDONESIA ];

Section Application;

Kind Regards,

Bimala

9 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Once you reload the file, you have to close the qlikview instance by closing it completely and then re open it.

I tried your  code and it works for me.

find the attachment

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bimala,

Please check below URL how it helps you.

Authentication and Authorization in Qlikview

Regards,

Jagan.

Kushal_Chawda

Have you checked the below option?

Go to document properties -> Opening  tab -> check Initial data reduction based on Section acess

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes I have done that option

avinashelite

Hi Bimala,

have you checked initial data reduction in the document properties >open > check the initial data  reduction.

And in the section application you need to have the code for data reduction, section access for accessing the document and section application for the data reduction

try like this

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [
COUNTRY
CHINA

INDONESIA

];

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

If the file is not prompting the password, it means that you have to close the qlikview instance and reopen the application itself not just the file.

If the file is having data and if the data is not reducing as per the section access then you need to Go to document properties -> Opening  tab -> check Initial data reduction based on Section acess

Based on your query, since it is not promting the password, you close the entire qv application and re-open it

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bimala,

Did you checked the sample link I shared?  That solution will suits for your requirement, you need to REDUCTION in your section access script.

Regards,

Jagan.

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you  so much. It is working fine. I was not closing the instance all the times.

Kind Regards,

Bimala

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

If you only use the Desktop, save and exit any QlikView instance and reopen the application. If you want to check all profiles you'll need to sign out of Windows and sign in as the profile's user. You'll probably have to copy the file into a usb in order to open it in all the Windows accounts.