Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II

Its a great world qlik is. Its my 3rd day on Qlik and i am able to connect to oracle databse and read tables in it.

Now i need a help, is it possible to have report based on user interaction e.g. User will give me period i.e. from and to date and according to the condition my reports will get changed along with all graphs. I am having 3 tables in oracle data base with below structure

1. Partmaster

Fields are :  Partno, Partname, Customer

2. Production

Fields are :  partno, prod.date, qty

3. Sales

Fields are : partno, saledate qty

I could now connect all these tables and could generate graphs, the only thing i want here is user interaction i.e. user will change the period for the report as per his/her wish and accordinly report should get changed.

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create list boxes for your dates, so when the user makes a selection, it will filter the charts accordingly.

You can create master calendar tables for your dates (http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/16/the-master-calendar)

so you can offer fields for selection with different granularity (week, month, year etc.).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rahul

Also when in the QV Desktop right click anywhere blank on the dashboard area then:

• New Sheet Object
  • Current Selections Box

Then with this object you'll be able what you have selected using the List boxes that swuehl has quite rightly suggested you create.

Best Regards,     Bill

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks bill.