Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikmick
Contributor II
Contributor II

JOINING SAGE X3 TABLES SINVOICE AND GACCDUDATE

Need help trying to figure the correct way to join these two tables for a Debtors ageing report model extracting data from SAGE X3.

First scenario I joined these two tables by INV_0 which shows all doc types.  When I test these amounts to show INV_0 it seems to associate to NUMDUD_0 on the other table.  Any idea how to join them?  What this require any other tables?

Second scenario I left joined the Sinvoice table to the Gaccdudate and found that I can only see the doc types SAINV and SACRN.  No GEN01 or REC01 types seem to be appearing or could be found by search box.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

With Regards to second scenario , there must be no row keys in first table that have a matching row key in the second table that have Doc type GEN01 or REC01, by the nature of LEFT JOIN on Rows matching Key in Left table are kept.

Try an OUTER JOIN (TABLENAME) and see

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

First Scenario

If fields on different tables have the same name qlikview will automatically create an association

so either rename the field from First table to match the name in the second table or vice versa

Example

Table1

LOAD *,

INV_0  as NUMDUD_0

FROM wewewefwewfwef;

Table2

LOAD *,

NUMDUD_0

FROM wewewefwewfwef;

or

Example

Table1

LOAD *,

INV_0

FROM wewewefwewfwef;

Table2

LOAD *,

NUMDUD_0 as INV_0

FROM wewewefwewfwef;

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

With Regards to second scenario , there must be no row keys in first table that have a matching row key in the second table that have Doc type GEN01 or REC01, by the nature of LEFT JOIN on Rows matching Key in Left table are kept.

Try an OUTER JOIN (TABLENAME) and see

Vineeth Pujari
qlikmick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This seems to work to keep all document types intact.  Thank you.  Would you suggest using both your suggestions as I'm still not able to "bind" or associate the NUM_0 and NUMDUD_0 to pull all in.  Sure there is not a need for an additional table such as PAYMENTD?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Can you post a sample app? or Excel file with multiple tabs of sample data that replicate your scenario?

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Vineeth Pujari
qlikmick
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Would this be helpful.  The QVD's would be too large to upload.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Looks good to me

Vineeth Pujari
Not applicable

Please note that sometimes transactions in GACCDUDATE will not have a corresponding transaction in SINVOICE

It is possible to create invoices directly from the general ledger. in that event no transaction will exist in sub ledger. This is why the reports also run off GACCDUDATE which is your open item table.

Sometimes the business will choose to take on outstanding AP and AR transactions as only open items rather than a full take on of the outstanding invoices in sub ledger.

Not applicable

also NUMDUD can sometimes go out of sync in which case the resynchronization tool must be run. Probably safer to use NUM to join the tables