Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Join Cross Tables?

Is it possible to join two cross tables?  I have the following (simplified) code that I need to use for several identical tables.  I would like to join the tables into one.

CrossTable(FIN_Type, FIN_DATA, 2)

LOAD Account,

Period,

ROAA

From

3 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

JOIN in the sense all the table have same number of columns with same name?I think Qlikview itself does that job.If it din't done then use concatenate between the tables as below.

TableName:

LOAD Account,
          Period,
          ROAA
From

Concatenate

LOAD Account,

Period,

ROAA

From

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Celambrarasan, your suggestion helped.

I was getting a "Table not Found" error when trying to upload two identical crosstables and load them into seperate QVD files, thus the need to combine them some other way.

Using concatenate with the cross tables produced an "illegal prefix" error...similar to the one found here: http://community.qlik.com/message/3120#3120

The suggestion in that thread fixed the problem.  I loaded the two tables with concatenate, and then did a final cross table off of that table.  Then dropped the concatenated table.

Thanks for the help!

Not applicable
Author

I am trying to Left Join two cross tables as they do not have identical columns (but share about 90% of them).  When I try to do this I get a "Illegal combination of prefixes" error when I try to Reload.  Any thoughts?