Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiklabaq
Creator
Creator

Join or Concatenate!?

Hi Friends,

I am sitting on the computer this morning and therefore I think my brain is not working as it should.

I have two tables, once header data and once position data and some info data.

Looks like this:

Header:

OrderMaterialQuantityDate
Ord123Mat110001.09.2017

Position:

OrderWorkcenterDatehours
Ord123W131.08.20171
Ord123W230.08.20172

Mat_Data:

MaterialGroup
Mat1GroupA

Wrkc_Data:

WorkcenterName
W1NameW1
W2NameW2

The Result should be:

OrderMaterialGroupWorkcenterNameDateQuantityhours
Ord123Mat1GroupAW1NameW101.09.2017100-
Ord123Mat1GroupAW2NameW201.09.2017100-
Ord123Mat1GroupAW1NameW131.08.2017-1
Ord123Mat1GroupAW2NameW230.08.2017-2

You can see in the Result Table that the Quantity is now in both Workcenter, this is correct. But in the Chart I want to see only the Quantity 100 if I select both Workcenter. The sum of Quantity for this order should always be the Quantity in the header, however how much Workcenters are in the Position.

But for the hours it's not the same, here I want to see in the chart the sum of all Workcenters, in this example 3.

If I make a Join, then the Quantity is wrong in the chart. If I make it with Concatenate then for the Quantity the Workcenter is missing.

hope I could explain it well, as I said my head already bursts.

I thank you in advance.

10 Replies
tiklabaq
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Eduardo,

yes I did. I said before, that I tried it in the way like Andrew wrote.

But the problem was, how to join with a mastercalender.

At the end, I create a second mastercalender and make a new name for the date. (HeaderDate)

In the chart with Quantity I have the second calender, in the chart with hours the first calender.

And if I select orders or workcenters in both charts I see the right results. This is the perfect way for me.