Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Join table using wildcards on filename

I recently updated my QV to SR4 and today I noticed that one script stop working. The problem occurs when I do a JOIN to a Table using data from more than one QVD (using wildcards). Something like this (where Master is a table with a field called id):

LEFT JOIN (Master)
LOAD id
, Count(DISTINCT subid) AS q
FROM [Master_*.qvd] (qvd)
GROUP BY id;

An example application [View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.01.15.11.Posted/JoinLoadWildcard.qvw].

In this case, I guess that QV does one JOIN for each QVD instead of loading all QVDs and then do the JOIN. As result, I only get a subset of the data joined.

Am I doing anything wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't think that SR4 is the problem. In previous versions it also wasn't possible to do what you want to do.
The way we work:

tt_table:
LOAD id
GROUP BY id;

LEFT JOIN (Master)
LOAD
RESIDENT tt_table;

DROP TABLE tt_table;

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't think that SR4 is the problem. In previous versions it also wasn't possible to do what you want to do.
The way we work:

tt_table:
LOAD id
GROUP BY id;

LEFT JOIN (Master)
LOAD
RESIDENT tt_table;

DROP TABLE tt_table;

Not applicable
Author

You're right. I tried the previous version and behaves the same way. I'm using a resident temp table as workaround. Thanks!