Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Keeping an item unselected on one tab

We have a report on two tabs.  We have a selection box that appears on both tabs.  The selection box holds three items, let's call  them A, B, C.  I want the user to be able to select any or all of them on Tab 1, but on Tab 2 I want item C to be impossible. 

I know how to use a macro to force an item to be included in a selection when the user switches to Tab 2.  But how to force the item to be excluded?  (This is more difficult since, if the user makes no selection at all, item C is included by default.)

Thanks in advance for any advice that you might have.

Hanno Beck

Agora, Inc.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Think of using Alternate Set.  Or maybe better create a duplicate of this field but without value C, and use it on Tab2 - not only as filter, but everywhere in objects - instead of the original field.

Regards,

Michael

MayilVahanan

Hi

Are you looking like attached file

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mayil, that is a direct solution to what I want to happen, except on the tab where the selection of item C is impossible, C needs to be unselected. 

For instance, on Tab 1 suppose somebody selects items B and C and then moves to Tab 2.  Now thanks to your expression the selection box shows only items A and B with B selected, but in the actual table we see that item C is still selected. 

To add to your solution, the ideal thing would be a macro to unselect item C, but only if it is selected.  I've been trying to get that to work so that when Tab 2 loads, item C will be unselected no matter what, but have not yet created successful code for that.