Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Large number formatting issue

I have an interesting problem when I'm trying to format large numbers in any type of object (pivot table, text object, etc). I am using QlikView 10 SR4. Is there any workaround for this, other than dividing the number to get a value that QlikView can display (which I need to avoid at any cost)?

I am also attaching an example.

9 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Go to Properties-->Number tab-->Select your expression-->Click the number format as number then provide format pattern as expected number of digits as #'s. Then you will get it.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

see attach file

in the number tab look at the format i gave the first two expressions

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to both of you, that seems to be displaying the number. However, what's the solution for not displaying the decimals (as I am not interested to see them)? I can round the number in the expression using Round() or is there a way to achieve the same thing using number formatting in the properties of the object? I know the normal way of formatting the number without decimals, but it doesn't seem to be working in this particular case.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Don't specify the #'s for the decimal values

Example:

with decimal: ####.##

w/o decimal values will be ####

Not applicable
Author

delete the .00 from the formating.

Not applicable
Author

The solution that liron baram attached above works fine, but only with a certain formatting (which allows decimals). If I try to format it to get the number to have another format (comma separator for thousands, no decimals) it doen't seem to be working. Can you please have a look at the file attached by liron baram and format the second expression in the table?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Works for me. If you change the thousands separator in the Format Pattern, don't forget to change it below under Separators too. Actually change the separators first, since that immediatly updates the Format Pattern so that it looses the extra #'s you need.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Can you attach your QVW with the correct formatting of the second expression? I'm missing something here.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, I see that you mean. This one can't be formatted correctly directly:  1,627,627,432.507066. But with a little change to the expression to get rid of the decimals it can be formatted as you wish: round(Sum(Amount)/0.000123124).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand