Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Layout Conditional don't work on object with Alternate State

Hi all

I have created some objects using Alternate State (listbox and search) to my app, but when I apply a conditional for showing the object, it is not shown

The only way it will show is if Always are marked.

Can anyone help with this.issue.

Regards

NJ

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Ok Niels,

I suggest you try the below first:

Listbox name: lstReport

Alternate state name: altstate

By object/listbox having an alternate or default state, I refer to the option "Alternate State" that appears in the object/listbox properties > General tab, after adding an alternate state in the document properties.

Case1:

Layout condition to be applied on an object with default state, based on a listbox with Alternate state:

only({altstate} lstReport) = 'desired report'

Case2:

Layout condition to be applied on an object with alternate state, based on a listbox with default state:

only({$} lstReport) = 'desired report'

Case3:

Layout condition to be applied on an object with alternate state, based on a listbox with alternate state:

only(lstReport) = 'desired report'

If none of the above cases represents your scenario, then I'll be checking your sample app

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Niels,

Can you post a sample app that highlights your request ?

What is the condition you're using ?

You may need to use the "$::" to refer to a field from the default state instead of the alternate state.

Not applicable
Author

Hi jp

I have to create a app, with an example, can't post my app.

it is not so much the expression, it is the condition show of an object in tab "layout"

My app is build with a lot of conditional on when every is shown, mostly deppendig on a selection of a report in list box., but when I apply the contional to the object with Alternate State it dosn't Work, the object just disappear as have I not selected the right report.

It is late here, so tommorrow I wil make an ex. app

regards

NJ

Not applicable
Author

Ok Niels,

I suggest you try the below first:

Listbox name: lstReport

Alternate state name: altstate

By object/listbox having an alternate or default state, I refer to the option "Alternate State" that appears in the object/listbox properties > General tab, after adding an alternate state in the document properties.

Case1:

Layout condition to be applied on an object with default state, based on a listbox with Alternate state:

only({altstate} lstReport) = 'desired report'

Case2:

Layout condition to be applied on an object with alternate state, based on a listbox with default state:

only({$} lstReport) = 'desired report'

Case3:

Layout condition to be applied on an object with alternate state, based on a listbox with alternate state:

only(lstReport) = 'desired report'

If none of the above cases represents your scenario, then I'll be checking your sample app

Not applicable
Author

Hi jp

Thanks for the suggenstions.

Case 2 seems to Work for me

In objects not with alternate state, I usually, ony need  =lstReport='desired report'

So this was very good, thanks a lot

Regards

NJ