Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Layout Question

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the correct direction. I have a straight table that I use to display the sales values and also a number of what -if values. I use some sliders to manipulate the what -if value.

Q. is it possible to hide the sliders when the straight table is minimised, was thinking of something in the conditional field on the layout tab.

Thanks,

Gavin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The simple answer is no. There isn't an event thrown when an object is minimized. That makes it difficult to know when an object is minimum sized.

You can set up a macro that will set a variable if an object is minimum sized. This variable could be used in the Conditional Show of your sliders. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to trigger this macro. You kind of need it to be running constantly to make that when the chart is minimum sized, it can hide the sliders.

An alternative is to use a button to minimize the chart and hide the sliders at the same time. If you're really crafty, you can even make the button look like the minimize button on the chart and put it over the top, so that the user thinks they are clicking the chart minimize button.

EDIT: After I read that, the use of minimize can be confusing. I edited it to use minimum sized when I mean it is already minimized and will use minimize to mean the act of minimizing something. Big Smile

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The simple answer is no. There isn't an event thrown when an object is minimized. That makes it difficult to know when an object is minimum sized.

You can set up a macro that will set a variable if an object is minimum sized. This variable could be used in the Conditional Show of your sliders. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to trigger this macro. You kind of need it to be running constantly to make that when the chart is minimum sized, it can hide the sliders.

An alternative is to use a button to minimize the chart and hide the sliders at the same time. If you're really crafty, you can even make the button look like the minimize button on the chart and put it over the top, so that the user thinks they are clicking the chart minimize button.

EDIT: After I read that, the use of minimize can be confusing. I edited it to use minimum sized when I mean it is already minimized and will use minimize to mean the act of minimizing something. Big Smile

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The only way I know to do this is by using macro code to set a variable that indicates if the table is minimized. Unfortunately, there is no OnMinimize event so you are stuck doing the work in OnActivate/Deactivate events. But this technique is not 100% reliable as you'll find from other posts on the Forum.

What we need is an object grouping feature. Go to the Ideas section of the Customer Portal and vote for the "Grouping UI Objects" proposal and maybe we can get it implemented.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

NMiller / Rob,

Thanks to both for the responses, looks like I will have to use some buttons or spread the charts over multiple pages.

Rob,

I have never looked at the ideas section on the site before, I have voted for your example and also for a few others as well.

Thanks again for your help.