Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Leaner way of calculating this (forward the maths pros)

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

- In a management_dashboard, I have a nr. of traffic_lights (gauge_charts), each of which can have the values:

- 9: status_good (light turns green)

- 5: almost, but not quite (light turns yellow)

- 1: status_bad (light turns red)

- Now I want to create an overall_status_light, depending on all of those (one category has 5 status_lights or less)

=> So it should follow this logic:

=> All the lights are green => overall status light should turn green

=> Any one (or more) lights are yellow => overall status light should turn yellow

=> Any one (or more) lights are red => overall status light should turn red

Can I calculate this somehow, without going into about a dozen nested IF_statements?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: If needed, there's no law against changing the values - to 17, 7, 4 or whatever. The bottom_line is that each status_chart should have three values and the overall should workl.

P.P.S.: Another important point is that the logic should have a "negative pull" - so when four stati are "good" and the last is "almost", then the overall status cannot be "good" anymore.

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

as the cats' saying goes: When the box is dirty inside, you have to think out_of_the_box 😉

I'll try by not adding, but concatenating the values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

These are the following combinatins of light colours

GGG, GGY, GGR, GYY, GYR, GRR, YYY, YYR, YRR, RRR

and if you make the values 10,5,1 then all combinations will have a different value

Not sure if that helps

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

just to complete this: It works fine that way 😉

I used the Index() function to query whether there is at least one '5' or at least one '1' in the string,

and set my overall_status accordingly.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why I thought you only had three lights but I think if the 2 differences between the 3 values are different and the smallest difference is larger than the number of lights then all combinations will have different values

Clear as mud