Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Legend contains gray items

Hi all,

Mmm.. For some reason the legend contains 'gray items' (see attached picture).

I use the transparent trick to make parts of my graph hidden. This works for one line but for multiple lines, only the first one gets a nice color in the refence. The others remain grey.

This is the formula I'm using. So if there are not enough questions I don't want to plot anything for that data point. This works OK, but the problem is that the legend shows gray (transparent) items instead of the corresponding color.

This is the formula I use on the Background color:

If(Count(Distinct Questionnaire_number)<100,ARGB(0,0,0,0),ColorMapJet(RowNo()))

error loading image

Thank you all..

I already used the forum a lot and hopefully (since I'm a beginner) will start posting solutions soon..

Arjan Onwezen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Use a calculated dimension to prevent the display of Hauls < 100

If(Count(Distinct Questionnaire_number)<100,Haul)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use a calculated dimension to prevent the display of Hauls < 100

If(Count(Distinct Questionnaire_number)<100,Haul)

Not applicable
Author

Hi cisco_kid,

Thanks for the answer! However I get an error using that formula.

Perhaps it's because I use a calculated expression. I use the following expression.

Sum(Satisfaction_Score)/Sum(pond)

Hopefully you (or someone else) can help me.

Not applicable
Author

Use the formula as a Dimension not as expression.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Arjan,

When you use colors in your expressions, and when one of the possible colors is "transparent" as it is in your chart, should any value has a "transparent" drawing, the legend takes that color, meaning "there are values I'm representing as transparent, since transparent it's not a color, I'lll display the legend grey".

Once that expression has one value greater than or equal to 100, then the legend will take the color stated in the else part of your condition.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for responding..

Hi Miguel. Yes I noticed that the boxes become gray once it reaches that value.. 😞

I now try a different alternative.That is a just showing the measures as dots and then either a trendline or a line connecting the dots.

Anyway thank you all for the comments.

Best regards,

Arjan Onwezen

siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Crate some varibales and call those varibles. Like

$(vDFTDolphinColor) .