Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit Values on x-Axis

Chart.jpg

In the above chart it show me all the months from April 15 to Mar 16 however, I want the chart to start displaying data from Aug-15 and continue to go until present.

How do I do that??

Dimension Limit and Continuous in Axes are of no help to me.

Thank You.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try calculated dimension

if (Calender>='Aug-15',Calender)

more flexible (show last 12 months)

if (Calendar >=date(addmonths(today(),-12),'MMM-YY'), Calendar)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try calculated dimension

if (Calender>='Aug-15',Calender)

more flexible (show last 12 months)

if (Calendar >=date(addmonths(today(),-12),'MMM-YY'), Calendar)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I agree the Rudolf

This seems group, try to add calc dimension for the internal calc dim instead of normal dim

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ramchalla
Creator
Creator

Hi Roopali,

You can use set analysis to achieve this. Create a variable and assign Aug-15 to that variable in variable overview.

eg. vMonthStart = Aug-15

Create a bar chart with month-Year as Dimension and the below expression in set analysis.

Sum({<Month={"$(=(vMonthStart ))"}>} Sales)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Ram, your expression gives only aug-15 sales only

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

try this

Sum({<Month={">=$(=(Aug-15))"}>} Sales)

Or l

ike this as said by   "ram ch "

Sum({<Month={">=$(=(vMonthStart ))"}>} Sales)

ramchalla
Creator
Creator

Hi Roopali,

Sorry for the typo. you can try the below.

Sum({<Month={">=$(=(vMonthStart ))"}>} Sales)

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

For time period limitation it is often a good approach to define these periods in the data model. This way you can apply the selected range through set expressions, without having a static date in the actual expression. It will also mean that you define and control your flag in one place, making is easier to administer and maintain the application.

If this does not answer your question please provide a sample QVW so that your question can be put in context of your data. Screenshots can sometimes be a bit limited in terms of understanding your chart settings and underlying data.

Please see attach sample as reference to how you can approach controlling the range through a flag in a calendar table.

DBIT
Contributor II
Contributor II

The accepted answer works in most circumstances but not where there is a function that relies on the full date range in the chart expression. In this case, the calculation will also only be done over the last 12 months only and it will affect the data.

To solve for this circumstance, add a last x months flag to the calendar and perform the calculation in the chart function using IF this flag = 1. That will limit your date range without affecting the calculation.