Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limitation of values in chart?

I have problems with the number of values presented in a chart. Is there any known limitations? The number of presened values are different if I maximise the chart or not, but it never show me more then 381 values, despite that I have a couple of thousends of valuesl. And no, I've not made any choise in the tab "Dimension Limits".

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is a sample of the application. When opening, you'll see the chart called "C". This contains "charge numer" as a dimension and it has two expressions, the value of C, and the average value of C. The default amount of charge numbers (for the last 3 months) is 398, but the chart will only show me 219 charge numbers. The charge number at the most right is 142224. It would be nice if the chart showed me all the charges in the charge, with charge number 142588 at the most right. But, perhaphs I'll have to use the scroll bar.

Thank you for helping me!

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should check the "Continuous" on the axis tab in the properties. Then QlikView will treat the values as numeric and can squeeze more into the same area.

There is no limitation, but without Continuous,axis, QlikView tries to plot the values as discrete values.

HIC

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like this? Note  the change in Bar Settings in the presentation tab.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Henric, but when using the "continous" check, the chart fill in charge numbers that doesn't exists. Fore example the last charge number for the year 2103 is 134055, and the first for 2014 is 140001. The chart will fill in with numbers between 134055 and 14001.

But, thank you anyway, I think i got the solution from tresesco!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Than you a lot tresesco, this seems to be the solution!

Have a really nice day!