Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting rows displayed in a Pivot or Straight table based on a dimension value

Trying to supress a row of data measures based on the value for the dimension.  For example, I have three columns of data, the first being a Dimension (FV Level) and the other two (CY Value, PY Value).  I believe the way do this is by using the Settings for Selected Dimension:Enable Conditional.  I'm unclear on what syntax I need to use when trying to limit.  Essentially I want to show rows where the FV Level <> (not equal) to "[NULL]". Any thoughts or ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The "Settings for Selected Dimension:Enable Conditional" is to either show or hide a dimension completely based on the condition you put in there. If you don't want to show a value from a dimension..

Add a calculated dimension like this instead...

if([Fair Value Level]<>'[NULL]',[Fair Value Level])  and make sure 'suppress when value is null' is checked..

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Select Properties, tag dimensions the option Suppress When Value is Null

1.PNG

I hope help you!

Not applicable
Author

Jannet,

Thank you for your prompt response, however, I tried that and realized the value is a text string "[NULL]" and not an actual [NULL] value.  The data I'm using is coming straight out of an excel spreadsheet and not a relational database.

Jeff

Not applicable
Author

NULL Value (Dimension).png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try,

Add Calculated Dimension,

=if([Fair Value Level]<>'[NULL]',[Fair Value Level])

1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The "Settings for Selected Dimension:Enable Conditional" is to either show or hide a dimension completely based on the condition you put in there. If you don't want to show a value from a dimension..

Add a calculated dimension like this instead...

if([Fair Value Level]<>'[NULL]',[Fair Value Level])  and make sure 'suppress when value is null' is checked..

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both.  The formula Jannet provided worked and I did have to select the check box for 'Suppress when value is null'.