Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line/Bar Chart with two dimensions

Hi,

I have data of the following format:

IDReceipt Time IntervalSend Time Interval
116:0017:30
215:0016:00
311:0014:30
418:0018:15

I want to display the time intervals on X, the counts per interval on Y on a line chart.

Time intervals on X and EITHER receipt or send count on Y is easy - but how do I get TWO LINES in there, one per dimension?

Bar chart would be fine as well!

Thank you!
Oli

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomduvi83
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

You don't have two dimensions (only time), but two expressions (count of sent & received)

Prepare a bit the data in the model to have something like this :

TimeID SentID Received
16:001-
16:00-2
17:30-1
18:004-

with something like :

LOAD Receipt_Time as Time, ID as Receipt_ID RESIDENT MyTable

CONCATENATE LOAD Send_Time as Time, ID as Send_ID RESIDENT MyTable

After that it will be easy to produce your graph.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi 46457686,

there are several possibilities.

- With a barchart (or combochart, which is basically the same thing), you CAN use two dimensions - but that will result in the graph being a bit confusing.

- You can activate the TRELLIS option on one of the dimensions (the one on top in the dialog), which will give you two smaller charts in the space otherwise occupied by one.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. This isn't really giving me what I want - I need the time (00:00-23:59) on X, the count on Y and two lines or two sets of bars in different colours.

Using two dimensions in a combo chart only shows the dimension that is promoted higher.

Surely there must a way for such a basic functionality really?

Thanks!
Oli

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Can you please provide the some dummy data and the output you needed.

like rough figure .

Thanks

Yusuf

Not applicable
Author

Hi Yusuf,

I need something like this: Blue is what I already have in QlikView, but Red is what I need to add (another dimension with the same time scale of 24 hours on X).

qlikview.png

Sample data is my table above for example. Just ID, Receipt Time, Send time.

Thanks!

Oli

Not applicable
Author

Any idea YUSUF ALI?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you attach the sample app?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I can't due to sensitive nature of the data. However, you literally only need a few random entries for RECEIPT and SEND and try and display both in the same chart...

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you can add a second dimension which will automatically displays the second chart.

Try and send me the image if that doesn't work

Not applicable
Author

Adding a second dimension just stacks that one onto the existing first dimension bars, as opposed to displaying new bars... I need both dimensions to be on the same level, and not one stacked into the other.