Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line and Scatter Chart in 1 Chart?

Hello,

I am a total Qlikview newbie and I have the following problem.:I want to show 2 types of graphs in one graph.

I have data in a .xls file, to graphically draw a windturbine powercurve as a Line Chart. This is the guaranteed powercurve from the turbine manufacturer. I then use another .xls table to import real measured data of power (Wh) per wind speed (m/s). I want to display this real data as a scatter plot over my Line Chart.

I attached a word file with 2 screenshot of how it should look and how it looks in my case, and the 2 .xls files I get my data from.

Any help is very welcome.

BR,

Dirk

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Dirk, you can´t use same graph for two types at same time.

The way you can fullfill your requirement is implementing two graphs and carefully position one on top of other and setting transparency to 100% at presentation tab of the toppest one

marcus_sommer

I believe it won't be possible directly within one object but you could use two each other overlapping charts by adjusting (hiding or coloring with argb(0,0,0,0)) various layout-settings like title, border, axis ... and so on.

- Marcus

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this scatter chart will do. See attached qvw.

comm166249.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yeah Gysbert. By then putting in more and more values for the red dotted line I can make it apppear as a real line...Thats awesome! But also the other 2 solutions help a lot. Thanks everybody. I am really astonished by the very short repond time!