Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linked table via key field and keep left join characteristics

Hi all,

I would like to know whether it is possible to keep two table separatedly, but linked (automatically by Qlikview) via key field (same field name) and have the characteristics of a external join.

Like I have table Customer_details (name, address) and Orders.

Table Orders

%KEY_CUST_ID

Order n°

Item

Qty...

Table Customer

%KEY_CUST_ID

Last Name

First Name

Address

Normally an order should have a Customer ID (then we can know his/her name & address) but I would like to manage and show also orders which may not have Customer ID. And I do not want to merge the two tables with the Left join keyword.

Thank you for your explanation

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

2 (or more) tables associated by qlikview can be managed as you need, you can easily show orders with and without customer id (to help you more attach your document)

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi

Try some thing like below

if(isNull(%KEY_CUST_ID),Orders)

or

Aggr(if(isNull(%KEY_CUST_ID),Orders),Orders)

Not applicable
Author

Hi all, thank you for your responses. Indeed I made a simple test with 2 tables, one Order with détails, but no Customer ID, when I show data in a table, it shows all records indeed (and display '-' where there is no Customer détails).

So I guess the "automatic" join by field name in Qlikview is a FULL JOIN and not an inner join as I thought

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is a full outer join

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your confirmation