Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking within spreadsheets

Hi,

I have an excel spreadsheet linked to my dashboard, it has specialty, consultant and number of planned sessions for the year which are pulled through when the consultant is selected. However some consultants work for 2 different specialties and at the moment when the consultant is selected it is adding up the planned sessions regardless of what speciality you select.

I need the user to select the spec the cons and then see the right number of planned session and then if they select the other spec they work for, to show a different number. How do I do this?  

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your description doesn't make clear to me how you're using the spreadsheet or spreadsheets. Anyway, I recommend you load all the data from all the spreadsheets into QV and then give the user the options to make the necessary selections to filter the data to what he/she needs to look at. If you need more help, please explain in more detail what you want to achieve and post an example document. See this document for how to do that: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand