Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box Drill Down

New to Qlikview and not sure what the technical terms is for what I am looking for.  I have a list box that uses PART field.  In that list box part number 387-3981.01 is selected. In the MPART list box all parts linked to 387-3981.01 are displayed.  Good. Ideally I want another list box such that when part number 7P-3194 is selected from MPART list box all parts linked to 7P-3194 are displayed. But that only works when the part is selected from PART listbox. Any ideas how to handle this?

3 Replies
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

You could put two list boxes on top of eachother.

Have one list box with PART.  In the Properties->Layout, under 'Show', check 'Conditional', and put =Count(Distinct PART) > 1

Have another list box with MPART.  In the Properties->Layout, under 'Show', check 'Conditional' and put =Count(Distinct PART) = 1

This should let the part list box show when more then 1 part is shown, and the MPART list box to be shown when only 1 part is selected.

Hope this helps!

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Jeffrey,

Maybe try using triggers, so when toy select MPART create an Action that will clear the PART field and then select the

Possible values within the PART based on the selection you have made in MPART.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Can you send me some Data and I will test here

Regards

Alan

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Use "Always one selected to handle this"