Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box - Filter Data from middle section

Hi,

I currently have a straight chart which holds all the data from a database.  In the straight chart is a column called 'fixcode'.  I want to be able to look at the third part of the fixcode to determine the software I am using.  The data in the fixcode shows as such:

FLT0 - CRPR - RCL0 - SSWO

RQST - RSFT - RRCL - THR1

RQST - RSFT - RRCL - NWSP

The third piece of data eg: RCL0 and RRCL, represent the software which is used to log calls.  So RCL0 = Oracle, RRCL = Cyborg, RTNT = Office 2010 etc.

I want to create a list box which has a value of Orace, Cyborg, Microsoft and if I click say Oracle, is pull up everything that has RCL0 in the third section, and pick Cyborg anything with RRCL comes up etc.

Is this Possible?

P.S. They are separated by a dash -

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yes,

Create a list box expression:

if((KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><')) = 'RCL0','Oracle',

if((KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><')) = 'RRCL','Cyborg',

if((KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><')) = 'RTNT','Office 2010')))     

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Something like this, where "blah" is your field name:

load *,

if((Blah2) = 'RCL0','Oracle',

if((Blah2) = 'RRCL','Cyborg',

if((Blah2) = 'RTNT','Office 2010')))           as company

;

LOAD Blah

,KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><') AS Blah2

FROM

[Example.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

Is there a way to do this in an expression as I already have all the data in a listbox called software.

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Yes,

Create a list box expression:

if((KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><')) = 'RCL0','Oracle',

if((KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><')) = 'RRCL','Cyborg',

if((KeepChar(SubField(Blah,'-',3), 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ1234567890><')) = 'RTNT','Office 2010')))     

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help Mark, it is exactly how I wanted it to show.