Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

List Box Problem

Hello Community,

In my excel, i have like

Ename, Sal

A, 10

B, 20

C, 30

While i ma fetching this data to list box in Qlikview. I got three names but, I am getting 1 more space space also will come. Can you assist me please

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
17 Replies
avinashelite

I think you have the empty cell in the excel ....try to impose a condition to fetch the data where it is not null

like where Len(trim(Ename))>0

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

I've use only Trim(Ename) as Ename. Do i need to change this?

Ename

A

B

C

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Anil,

Always Len() is useful while you are ignoring Null values .so try to use Avinash thought.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

If i use this -- Len(trim(Ename))>0

Ename

But, I want to show

Ename, Sal

A, 10

B, 20

C, 30

avinashelite

Yes , if you want to eliminate the null value then you have to update the condition

TRIM will just eliminate the leading and trilling spaces and it won't eliminate the data

avinashelite

could you please share the script and the who your extracting the data ?? while exporting the data your getting this space or while loading the data your getting this space ??

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

See This,

Employee:

LOAD Trim(Ename) as Ename,

Sal

FROM

Employee

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1) where Len(Trim(Ename))>0;

OR

Employee:

LOAD Len(Trim(Ename))>0 as Ename,

Sal

FROM

Employee

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

ramchalla
Creator
Creator

Hi Anil,

You can include the below condition in your script as Avinash suggested.

Where Len(Trim(Ename))>0

The script will look like as below.

Directory;

LOAD Ename,

Sal

FROM

a.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1)

Where Len(Trim(Ename))>0;

avinashelite

It should work

Employee:

LOAD Ename,

Sal

FROM

Employee

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1) where Len(Trim(Ename))>0 and Len(Trim(Sal))>0;

if your still getting the null data ,then please share the excel file and QVW will try to debug the same