Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box not impacting Chart results

I have a sheet with two charts (call them Chart_A and Chart_B) and two list boxes (Box_1 and Box_2). I am trying to configure so that selections in Box_1 impact Chart_A and Chart_B but selections in Box_2 only impact Chart_B. So Chart_A is impacted by Box_1 Chart_B is impacted by Box_1 or Box_2 or both. I would appreciate any help you could provide.

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You could use Alternate States for each group...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you but how would I get one of the list boxes to impact both charts.  As an example, one list box is Month and Year and this selection has to impact both charts but the other list box only impacts one of the charts

Is this possible with alternate states?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can try Alternate States for this or if there is only this two lists boxes then try below expressions

Chart1 Expression:

Sum({<Box_2 =>} SomeMeaure)    // Box_2 = will ignores the selections in Box_2 field

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is possible, but involves a bit more definitions. you can mix and match multiple Alternate States in Set Analysis, using State names as Set Identifiers.

If you are interested in details, I can refer you to my book QlikView Your Business, where I describe how multiple Alternate States can work together in a single Chart Expression.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help. Alternate States was a good idea in conjunction

with moving other things around.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Oleg Troyansky <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>