Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load backup from QVPR

Hi all,

I will be to know how to load or reload backup. I have backups saved in a folder called QVPR for a period of 6 months. The backup for each day is saved in a zip folder called i.e 2013-02-13_000003.zip. Let's say I want to reload/reproduce report for 2 Feb 2013, how will I go about this?

It failed when I tried to load the zip folder in a new qwv as following:

SET ThousandSep=',';
SET DecimalSep='.';
SET MoneyThousandSep=',';
SET MoneyDecimalSep='.';
SET MoneyFormat='£#,##0.00;-£#,##0.00';
SET TimeFormat='hh:mm:ss';
SET DateFormat='DD/MM/YYYY';
SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]';
SET MonthNames='Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr;May;Jun;Jul;Aug;Sep;Oct;Nov;Dec';
SET DayNames='Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat;Sun';

LOAD * FROM
[\\myfolder\QlikView\QVPR\Backups\2013-02-13_0001.zip]
(
ooxml, no labels);

Please kindly advise.

Regards

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will need to unzip the file manually and then perform a binary load if you want to extract the data only. If you want simply restore the backup, unzip the file and replace the existing copy with the old copy.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or are the backups of your source data (Excel or otherwise)? You will still need to unzip them though.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As a side note - if you are backing up ooxml files, then they are already internally zipped, so zipping them again achieves little or no further compression.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all

1. When I do not unzip and try to load the zip folder I get this error meassge:

this file is probably not a valid QlikView document

2. When i unzip I see over 60 files i.e about.XML, AlertEmail.BAK. Should I choose a particular file?