Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load with exception

Hi,

I am trying to write a conditional Load script of the kind:

Load *,

where PO_Number <> '12345';

Basically I am trying to load all data to a table except the rows with the PO_Number 12345. I'd appreciate guidance in this aspect. I believe I might have syntax issues most likely.

Thank you!

Deep

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Hi,

Try

Ex:-

Source:-

Load * From Location Where PO_Number <> '12345';

Or

Source:
Load * From Location;

Noconcatenate

Load * Resident Source Where PO_Number <> '12345';

Drop table Source;

Regards

Anand

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your load statement is missing a FROM clause to specify where the source data should come from. And if you're loading all the field using the * and not creating any new fields then the comma after the * should be removed too:

LOAD *

FROM MySourceTable

WHERE PO_Number <> '12345'

;

And if the field PO_Number contains numeric values instead of text values then use WHERE PO_Number <> 12345 (without the quotes).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I tried the same but I keep getting the following error:

Error.jpg

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then the field name is not PO NUMBER. Qlikview is case sensitive with regards to field names so. PO Number is not the same as PO NUMBER.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
its_anandrjs

Hi,

It seems you mix the <> symbol with the field name also check you are using correct name and you are used it

Where [PO Number]<> '12345';

It Will be

Source:-

Load * From Location

Where [PO Number] <> '12345';

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

I used the wizard to write the query and that worked well for me. What seems to have worked was a pair of brackets after the Where Clause.

Thank you for your help!