Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading Column that has a $ sign

Hello,

I am trying to load a table from the database and one of the columns has a dollar sign something like "TotalSales$K". qlikView fails to read this column because of the dollar sign. Does anyone know how I can load this column without changing the database?

thanks,

Manoj Agrawal

20 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Just a try if we do this using Qlikview's Select button may be they would have handled, not sure about this.  Lets see how they handled this. 

Or

We can try creating a view in database and give alias to the column name in view and use this view to access the data in qlikview.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan,

doesn't make a difference whether you write the query yourself or use the select button.

Obviously it is simple to edit the column name in the database but I was just wondering if there was a way to write characters just like &amp in HTML.

thanks,

Manoj

SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Manoj,

I tried to use chr(36) in different ways, but it doesn't work, unfortunately.

I see only one way - build a view in DB where you can rename this field and use this view as a source.

Regards,

Sergey

Regards,
Sergey
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Manoj,

I check this and observed that QV ignores the $(a) part.

Eg. if field name id amount$(a) on reload it takes Amount as field name.But i dosent give error.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

As I suggested earlier you can create view on top of the table, so that you don't need to alter the table.

Regards,

Jagan.

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Use Load * From Table;

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anbu,

Yes, I guess that is one way but then I would be loading all the other columns that are not needed.

thanks,

Manoj

Not applicable
Author

put condition like

where  wldmatch(*$*) ....

Not applicable
Author

I did not get your answer. Can you write the script say for a table that has one column TotalSales$(K)?

thanks,

Manoj

Not applicable
Author

i am not sure it works

my idea is

load

from table

where wildmatch(*$*);