Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakshmanvepuri
Creator
Creator

Loading Excel Binary File in Qlikview ( Missing ROWS )

Hi ,

I have Excel Binary File with huge volume of data.     A, B, C, D, ---->>>> KB and increases

While converting using the below code

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [ExcelSourceFiles;DBQ=$(vFolder)\vFile.xlsb];

TESTING:
SQL SELECT *
FROM `$(vFile)`.`Overall$`;

STORE TESTING INTO [C:\Temp\Desktop\TESTING.csv]( txt, delimiter is ',');

Missing out certain Headers some where around... BA---DD ( eg)

Anyone has this issue...

Second Method:

As the rows are missing I used this code as BATCH File and is working.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\excelcnv.exe" -oice  C:\Temp\Desktop\TESTING_MAIN.xlsb C:\Temp\Desktop\TESTING.xlsx

I am looking for the Solution in Qlikview, So Just want to check can any one help.

Thanks

Vepuri

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I use the same approach quite regularly to load from xlsb and hadn't ever had any issue that data wasn't loaded whereby our files are mostly rather small with around 30 - 50 columns and maybe 100 - 2000 records.

Because of the fact that the column KB is beyond of 256 it might be that you hit any limitation within the driver. Therefore you should try it with another one respectively with a 64bit one.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I use the same approach quite regularly to load from xlsb and hadn't ever had any issue that data wasn't loaded whereby our files are mostly rather small with around 30 - 50 columns and maybe 100 - 2000 records.

Because of the fact that the column KB is beyond of 256 it might be that you hit any limitation within the driver. Therefore you should try it with another one respectively with a 64bit one.

- Marcus