cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local storage

Hi everyone,

I am building a dashboard that should consist of weekly data for a year. The values of the database that I am connected to change a lot within a week. I am curious if there is a way to store a weekly data locally in Qlik so that every week I am able to load data and save it separately from previous weeks' data. After that I should be able to compare them in the same table.

Not sure if it is clear enough

Thanks!

Edil

3 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I do not think it's necessary to save them for weeks, especially if you're going to use them together.

However, you can save the data you want for weeks. To do this you have to save a qvd, for example, with year and week as name (example: year 2017 and week nº 13 = 2017-13)

Sorry, because my english isn't good.

Saludos,

EC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

I think this could be a possible solution. So we create 52 QVD files, and on every data reload depending on current week number to save with a filename "<week number>.qvd". Have a connection to all those files, and load them all together.

Then bind every week number dimension in the dashboard to -some sort of a flag which indicates from which week this data is-?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can store the week number in the qvd or use the filename, filebasename function to get the week from the qvd name