Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Log File Date format

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out the duration of each qlikview file that I'm reloading from the log file.I have a log file which display 12 hour time format with AM/PM (Q11.20 version) and another log file which display the 24 hour time format (Q12.10 version) .

now I want to change the time format in log File generation?

This is Old log file format: ( Q11.20)

14/05/18 7:41:14 AM:      Execution started.

14/05/18 7:41:14 AM:      QlikView Version:11.20.12904.0

14/05/18 7:41:14 AM:      CPU Target        

This is new log file format: (Q12.10)

2018-06-15 09:48:23      Execution started.

2018-06-15 09:48:23      QlikView Desktop Version      12.10.20700+2018-02-09 15:37:07.HEAD.Component.Version

2018-06-15 09:48:23      CPU Target

I want the same format as the old log Files. How to do?

Please help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not customizable/possible. This meant you need to handle different formattings within your load and this could be done with:

date(alt(date#(Timestamp, FormatOld), date#(Timestamp, FormatNew)))

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not customizable/possible. This meant you need to handle different formattings within your load and this could be done with:

date(alt(date#(Timestamp, FormatOld), date#(Timestamp, FormatNew)))

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm not sure that you can actually change the timestamp format for script logs. In earlier versions, timestamps on servers would follow the server regional settings for dates and times. The new format however is called 'Database Format' and doesn't change. Also, this format is fixed as a Year-Month-Day sequence, i.e. Months and Days will never be swapped.

And on top of that, all QlikView products understand 'database format' when they see it...

IMHO it shouldn't be that difficult to test for the presence of timestamps in 'database format' as it's about the only format that has a hyphen in position 5.

jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you Marcus.

jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you peter.