Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro to export multiple charts to Excel

I've done a search on the forum and came across a document which details the exporting of multiple charts to Excel (in my example below, 4 in total), using the following macro (this is exactly how it is in the Edit Module)...

sub exportToExcel_VoidDetail

'// Array for export definitions
Dim aryExport(3,3)

aryExport(0,0) = "objNewVoids"
aryExport(0,1) = "New Voids - To Be Categorised"
aryExport(0,2) = "A1"
aryExport(0,3) = "data"

aryExport(1,0) = "objVoidDetailNonRental"
aryExport(1,1) = "Non-Rental Void Detail"
aryExport(1,2) = "A1"
aryExport(1,3) = "data"

aryExport(2,0) = "objVoidDetailRental"
aryExport(2,1) = "Rental Void Detail"
aryExport(2,2) = "A1"
aryExport(2,3) = "data"

aryExport(3,0) = "objVoidDetailNonResidential"
aryExport(3,1) = "Non-Residential Void Detail"
aryExport(3,2) = "A1"
aryExport(3,3) = "data"

Dim objExcelWorkbook 'as Excel.Workbook
Set objExcelWorkbook = copyObjectsToExcelSheet(ActiveDocument, aryExport)

'// Now either just leave Excel open or do some other stuff here
'// like saving the excel, some formatting stuff, ...

end sub

I've created a button object with the action 'Run Macro' and the Macro Name of 'exportToExcel_Void Detail.

I'm not familiar with macros and am obviously missing something because when I click the button object, instead of running the macro (as I would expect it to), it opens the Edit Module.

Can someone review the above and let me know what the exact script should be?

Many thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You need to use the complete macro and not the few code-snippets which are shown as example. On the end of this article is a download-link: QlikTip #32: Exporting multiple QV objects to a single Excel document

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to use the complete macro and not the few code-snippets which are shown as example. On the end of this article is a download-link: QlikTip #32: Exporting multiple QV objects to a single Excel document

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that tip there Marcus.  Like I say, I have no idea when it comes to macros... including the full text works.  Many thanks

vinesh_panchal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, 

I've noticed that if you try Text Objects, instead of exporting it, it pastes whatever is on your clipboard, so it doesn't seem to be copying the text objects? 

Please help

Thanks

Vinesh

Ankit007
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please guide how to save the exported document automatically?

vinesh_panchal
Contributor II
Contributor II

In the macro you indicate in which document you want it to go into, so you can save a template excel document and use that to export into and that can be saved in the folders you wish for it to be stored

vinesh_panchal
Contributor II
Contributor II

I've found a way to export text objects, you have to store the text in a variable and copy the content of the variable into the cell you wish for it to be stored then format it as per how you've got it formatted. A bit long winded but works for me.

Ankit007
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying, I am using ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "C:\new.xlsx" to save the workbook but it is not working and getting a msg "Macro parsed failed. Functionality was lost".