Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Maintain aspect ratio of dynamic image in chart background

Is there a way to maintin the aspect ratio of a dynamic image in a chart background?

I am using a scatter plot and trying to map data on to specific regions of an image. The background image changes depending on the user's selections. However, not all of the images are the same size, so some of them are squnched up when they are displayed in the chart background.

I was able to make it work by giving the chart a transparent background and putting a Text box behind it, where the Text box displays a dynamic image. But now I want to put the chart into a Container, and I can't stack objects inside a container.

Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You make make the backgroud of one of your charts transparent to show the text box behind it.

Then, use a solid color (white) on the others, without transparent to hide the text box.

You layer properties to keep the text box behind the container.

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

1 Reply
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You make make the backgroud of one of your charts transparent to show the text box behind it.

Then, use a solid color (white) on the others, without transparent to hide the text box.

You layer properties to keep the text box behind the container.

Hope this helps,

Erich