Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_nicholas
Creator II
Creator II

Maintaining persistent colors through reload

Hi. This question has been asked in so many ways with so many different answers, that it is difficult to parse out through search. I figured it may be easier to simply ask the question for my use case and get a clear answer. So, I apologize for the over-used question.

I am looking to maintain persistent colors for dimension values throughout my visualizations. Here is what I tried already:

Persistent colors based on load order:

I determined my load order by adding a field to a page and sorting it by load order. Using that, I started on my first chart and assigned colors as I needed based on that load order. I then checked "Persistent Colors" and saved. The color pattern I chose was applied on a number of charts. Interestingly, it only applied to some charts using those dimensions, but not all. I fixed the missing ones manually and thought I was set.

When I reloaded my application, all of my colors changed again. Clearly, this isn't the solution I thought it was.

I've got two sets of dimensions: Region and Group. I have the RGB, transparency, and gradient rules I want to set for each item in both groups. How can I assign these colors to values, regardless of load order, value, or selection? In other words, if I want the NA region to be blue on every chart using NA, every time, and whether I have any selections or not, what would be the best way to accomplish this?

1 Solution
4 Replies
jason_nicholas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, it appears to work. I had to create one for each of the two data sets I wanted to program, using RR, GG, BB for the second one to avoid a loosely coupled link.

To further complicate things, what can I do to add in gradient and transparency settings along side RGB color in the same way?

sunny_talwar

For transparency you can use ARGB where you can set A in the script as well.... but not so sure about the gradient

jason_nicholas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It turns out, ColorMix is the function to add in the gradient.

However, I chose to skip it in the end. The feature wasn't worth the more complicated scripting.