Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making Date Field a Key for multiple data sources

Hi,

I have a dashboard that collects data from multiple qvds and puts the data into one sheet. I'm trying to create a chart table merging multiple data into 1 table to make life easier. I'm having a hard time creating a "Key" for date so the users can select a date from a calendar qvd and it populate the data from the other qvds with that date.

Example:

Tab1:

Submit_Date

Tab2:

Call_Date

Tab3:

Submitted_Date

Tab4:

Entered_Date

Tab5: (Calendar info)

Cal_Date

What I've done was the following

Tab1:

Submit_Date AS Cal_Date

Tab2:

Call_Date AS Cal_Date

Tab3:

Submitted_Date AS Cal_Date

Tab4:

Entered_Date AS Cal_Date

Tab5: (Calendar info)

Cal_Date

But when I reload the script, qlikview throws a loop error. I've successfully done that with 2 tabs with the names to create a Key. I soon need to do them for all tabs and I think I'm going to run into the same issue with the name. Any ideas what I may be doing incorrectly with the date and attempting to create a "Key"? Is there a more efficient way? FYI - I can't get rid of the calendar tab since that is tied into multiple things. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Apparently your data models has more fields that exist in several tables and therefore will be used to associate the tables. You can try renaming those fields so only Cal_Date is used to link the tables. Or you can create a link table (see here for more information: What is the use of link table?). Or perhaps easiest of all you can concatenate some tables into one table. See this blog post: Concatenate vs Link Table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand