Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHL
Contributor
Contributor

Master Calendar

Hi Guys,

I have created my Master Calendar using the tutorials etc on the web against a field aptly names DSTAMP in my Oracle DB. The field DSTAMP is a datetime field and always has data. The Master Calendar contains Data but when I select Year / Month / Day or any value I return no data.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

My guess is that your DSTAMP field still contains the time fractions and the values in your master calendar are all date values with no time fraction. The result is that only DSTAMP value that are exactly a midnight will have matching records in the calendar table. In your case it seems that zero DSTAMP values meet that condition.

Try splitting your DSTAMP field first into a date and a time field:

LOAD

floor(DSTAMP) as DDate,

frac(DSTAMP) as DTime,

....etc

Then create the master calendar based on the DDate field (or whatever name you choose to give it).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

when you select in one table (your calendar) and in the other, nothing happens, that is a clear sign that the tables are not properly linked - it looks like they're linked because the fields have the same name, but their contents are different.

Just have a look. Does your Master_calendar have only dates or also times? And the field DSTAMP?

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler